Our GhostBed Review
The GhostBed Mattress Features
- The cover is made from a plush material for premium comfort. It’s created using a mixture of viscose and polyester that’s both stretchy and durable.
- In our honest GhostBed review, we found that the second layer is made up of 1.5″ of aerated latex foam. Because of the latex, you’ll find that the mattress has an enjoyable springy feel to it. The tiny holes in this layer also pull heat away from the body so that you don’t sleep hot.
- The third layer is made up of 2″ of gel memory foam. You will find that GhostBed’s proprietary formula for their foam includes larger cells, which also aids in pulling heat away from the body so you can sleep cool.
- Our GhostBed review lists the fourth layer as a 7.5″ high-density base structure made of foam that will last for a long period of time. This foundation is made using high-density foam that offers enough spinal support without feeling too hard.
This mattress is medium firm and offers enough support without sacrificing any cushioning. We would say that out of 10, with 10 being the most firm, this mattress is a 6. You can sleep comfortably on it, while also being sure that you’re receiving enough spinal support so that you won’t wake up with any soreness in your joints or muscles.
This mattress is definitely comfortable without much sinkage over time. It may take a few nights to get comfortable when you first purchase it, but it will eventually mold to your body to a certain degree. Most GhostBed mattress reviews say that this mattress is comfortable while still offering you enough support for your pressure points.
For the average person, this mattress won’t make you sleep hot. However, if you’re a person who constantly has night sweats and sleeps extremely hot, this mattress won’t entirely cure that. You may find that you sleep a little cooler, though, as it’s designed to pull the heat away from the body.
For our reviews of GhostBed, we’d rate this mattress at a three out of five for edge support. The support is there, and you won’t necessarily hang off the bed if you sleep near the side. However, we wouldn’t suggest sleeping too close to the edge, especially if you’re a heavier person. The support near the edge is average on this mattress—it does the job but isn’t notably better than other mattresses in its class.
This mattress is ideal for couples because of the limited motion transfer. You’ll find that your partner can move around without waking you, which is important if you have a partner who struggles with sleep. The mattress is silent, and you can sleep restfully next to someone who moves around frequently. We’d go as far as to say in our GhostBed reviews that this mattress has a superior lack of motion transfer.
- Great for couples
- Adequate temperature neutrality
- Superior lack of motion transfer
- Good spinal support
- Limited sinkage over time
- Edge support is only adequate
- Not enough bounce for combination sleepers
- May be too firm for lightweight side sleepers
GhostBed Luxe Mattress Features
- Our GhostBed Luxe review found that the cover of this mattress includes the company’s Ghost Ice Fabric and Cooling Fiber to ensure that you sleep cool. There’s also a bit of gel memory foam in the cover to ensure that you get a nice “hug” from the mattress.
- The Ghost Ice layer contains thermo-sensitivity technology to sense your temperature and ensure that you never sleep hot or overheat in this bed.
- The Ghost Bounce layer offers added spring to your sleep experience, which is helpful to combination sleepers. The aim of this layer is to make you feel as though you’re floating on air.
This bed is as firm as it is comfortable. Just like the original GhostBed mattress, our GhostBed Luxe reviews determined that this bed is medium firm. However, with the extra layers, there may be a little more bounce to the mattress.
With added bounce, extra cooling, and a little more gel memory foam in the cover, it’s highly likely anyone will be comfortable on this mattress. There’s little to no sinkage over time. It offers great spinal support and successfully soothes pressure points.
If you’re a naturally hot sleeper, this is the mattress for you. It does everything it can to ensure that you sleep cool and comfortably. Very few people will be able to sleep hot on this mattress, especially with the Ghost Ice layer and the Ghost Ice Fabric in the cover.
Like the original GhostBed, our honest mattress reviews show that the edge support on the Luxe mattress is adequate. You won’t fall off the side, but we don’t suggest sleeping too close to the edge.
Even with the increase in bounciness in this model, there’s still very little motion transfer. You can comfortably sleep with a partner on this mattress and rest easy, even if the other person moves around a lot.
- Superior cooling
- Extra bounce
- Firm yet comfortable
- Soft hug from the cover
- Can’t really sleep warmer
- Bounce for those who don’t want movement
- Might be too firm for lightweight side sleepers
GhostBed Flex Mattress Features
- According to our GhostBed Flex review, this mattress has an additional layer of individually wrapped and reinforced coils, which is what makes this mattress a hybrid. The Flex is a mixture of both gel memory foam and coils.
With the extra individually wrapped, reinforced coils, there’s an added level of firmness. However, this firmness doesn’t sacrifice comfort, and the coils add a bit more extra bounce to this mattress.
You will get even less sinkage with this hybrid mattress due to the added coils, many GhostBed Flex reviews confirm. It won’t sink or sag over time as other memory foam mattresses might. The coils do, however, offer added support—especially when it comes to pressure points and making sure that you don’t wake up with any stiffness or soreness.
This mattress has around the same level of temperature neutrality as the original GhostBed mattress with perhaps a little extra cooling in the cover. You won’t sleep hot—unless you’re a person who naturally sleeps extremely hot and has night sweats. This bed won’t make you sleep as cool as the Luxe, but it does offer cooling technology that will help with temperature neutrality.
There’s more edge support with this hybrid mattress than many memory foam mattresses. For example, many honest mattress reviews for GhostBed will tell you that the Flex has better edge support than the Luxe and the original GhostBed mattresses. We would rate the edge support on this mattress as slightly superior to the other two.
Even with the added individually wrapped and reinforced coils, there’s little motion transfer. You may experience more than you would with a memory foam mattress because of the added bounce, but it isn’t much. You can still sleep well with a partner who moves in their sleep, according to GhostBed reviews.
- Benefits of both coils and memory foam
- Superior edge support
- Extra bounce
- Good temperature neutrality
- Little motion transfer
- More motion transfer than memory foam
- More bounce for those who dislike bounce
- Thicker than the others
- Can be on the expensive side
GhostBed 3D Matrix Mattress Features
- The 3D Matrix Polymer layer is made from a thermal conductive gel polymer that draws away any extra body heat. This is only available in this model, according to any GhostBed 3D Matrix review. The integrated and connected sheet traps this heat away from your body. This layer is also ergonomically designed to ensure that you’re given proper support.
- The 3D Matrix Soft Transition Foam is there to relieve all the pressure in your body while you sleep. It’s soft and contours to the shape of your body, and you’ll likely no longer feel the urge to toss and turn while you rest.
We found in our GhostBed review that this bed offers the ultimate in support and yet feels less firm than the others. This is solely because of the 3D Matrix Soft Transition Foam. However, just because it doesn’t feel firm doesn’t mean that it isn’t firm. It’s still firm, but it feels soft.
According to our GhostBed mattress review, there’s little to no sinkage with this model. Because it’s still a hybrid, it offers less sinkage than other memory foam models and has the same likelihood to sink as the Flex.
With the added layer of softness, you still get all of the support, but it feels like it has more hug to it. It also has superior pressure relief on all pressure points, no matter how you sleep.
This mattress is definitely the right choice for people who tend to sleep hot. It actively draws all the heat away from your body, allowing you to sleep cool. You likely won’t experience night sweats on this mattress, according to many GhostBed mattress reviews.
This mattress has the same superior edge support as the GhostBed Flex. You’ll feel like you have more surface area to sleep on without feeling like you’re hanging off the side of the bed. For those who like to linger near the edge when they’re sleeping, this is a good choice of mattress.
The motion transfer on this mattress is nearly nonexistent. Even with the extra bounce and softness of this model, you can sleep comfortably next to a partner who likes to move around. Additional reviews of GhostBed suggest this is one of the best mattresses to sleep on as a couple.
- Soft without sacrificing firmness
- Added bounce
- Sleeps cool
- Superior edge support
- Alleviates all pressure points
- Quite expensive
- Could feel too soft for some
- May feel like too many layers
Durability and Maintenance
These mattresses come with a 20-year or 25-year warranty, so they should last at least two decades. This is a rather long warranty to have on a mattress, and it just shows that the company believes in its products and their longevity.
According to most GhostBed reviews, these mattresses should never be flipped because of their specific layering. Instead, you should turn your mattress once every three months so that the head is where your feet were. You may want to use a mattress protector if you’re worried about damage to the mattress.
If you want to contact GhostBed, you can do so through live chat on the Contact Us page. Alternatively, you can also call them at 1-855-855-4499 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GhostBed is all about offering its customers a good night’s sleep, and part of that is having a good track record with its customer service. GhostBed customer service reviews are all seemingly positive.
Terms of Sale
Trial Period and Return Policy
There’s a 101-night sleep trial, which means you can test out your new mattress for 101 nights before deciding whether you want to keep it. If you decide at any point during the 101 nights that the mattress isn’t for you, you can return it without any hassle at all.
The standard GhostBed return review states that it’s pretty easy to return the mattress. The only catch is that you have to keep the mattress for a minimum of 30 nights, then you can return it. Simply contact GhostBed and someone will come to fetch the mattress, and you’ll be refunded the amount you paid for it.
Your GhostBed mattress will get to you incredibly quickly once you’ve placed your order. This is because there are nine locations in the US. It would appear that GhostBed only ships to the continental US. It will take two to five business days to get your order.
There’s a 20-year to 25-year warranty, depending on what mattress you choose, according to our GhostBed Luxe review. The original GhostBed mattress holds a warranty of 20 years and the other models have a 25-year warranty. This warranty covers manufacturing faults and defects.
For GhostBed’s original model, you’ll pay between $409 and $1,275. For the Luxe, you’ll pay $1,245 to $2,085; for the Flex, you’ll pay between $1,145 and $1,985; and for the 3D Matrix, you’ll pay around $1,750 to $2,295.
The company offers discounts for members of the military or veterans, teachers, government employees, and first responders.
It’s also a good idea to keep an eye on the website to see whether there are any discounts available. GhostBed often has sales, and the brand offers promo codes and coupon codes. You can also save when you purchase GhostBed products in bundles.
Summary of Our GhostBed Reviews
GhostBed offers four very different mattresses. Whether you want a hybrid or a memory foam mattress, this company has something for you. Its founder and employees understand the importance of a good night’s rest, and all these products are geared toward offering customers better sleep.