There are many Puffy Lux mattress reviews out there. However, what sets our review apart from others is that we go into detail to reveal everything you need to know about this upgrade from the standard Puffy mattress, which also deserves a place among the best mattresses on the market.
In brief, Puffy enhanced some of the original mattress’s features and utilized more advanced higher-quality materials. Even though the price point is a bit higher than the original one, we believe it’s well worth the investment. Check out the rest of the review.
Our Ratings for Puffy Lux Mattress
Value for money
Overview of Our Puffy Lux Mattress Review
- Company Background
- Product Features
- Durability and Maintenance
- Customer Service
- Terms of Sale
- Who Can Benefit from This Mattress
- Who Should Look Elsewhere?
Puffy is a US-based company that specializes in all-foam mattresses and a wide array of products that help people sleep better. Besides its flagship 10″ model, the medium-firm Puffy Mattress, this company also sells two other luxury mattresses, Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal.
Puffy also offers body pillows, mattress pads, blankets, nightstands, bed frames, comforters, mattress toppers, and much more. In the following sections, you’ll be reading all about the company’s luxury mattress in our detailed Puffy Lux review.
Puffy Lux Mattress Features
The Puffy Lux is classified as an all-foam mattress containing three layers of different foam densities. All four layers (including the cover) are completely CertiPUR-US Certified.
- Inside the breathable, soft covering is a 1.5″ comfort layer created from polyurethane foam filled with cooling gel. Since this foam layer isn’t too dense (compared to other memory foam mattresses), airflow is possible, which in turn enhances the gel’s cooling effect. According to Puffy Lux mattress reviews from 2019, this is excellent, as the gel will keep the sleeper cool in the warmer months, and it will hold onto heat in the winter, leaving the sleeper snug and cozy. Furthermore, the covering is soft, so it will conform to the sleeper’s body in different positions.
- The 1.5″ transition layer is adaptive, which means it contours to the sleeper’s curves. This eliminates pressure that might be placed on the thighs, hips, and shoulders. Keep in mind that this proprietary foam is exclusive to Puffy Lux mattresses. Also, other Puffy Lux bed reviews reveal that this helps ease the transition between the soft upper layer of the mattress and the firm support layer underneath it.
- The brand-new 2″ ClimateComfort memory foam makes up the third layer in the Puffy Lux mattress. This third layer makes the sleeper’s temperature throughout the night more consistent.
- Finally, the 7″ high-density foam makes up the fourth layer. This firm support layer holds everything up and guarantees durability.
In the following section of our Puffy mattress review, you will learn the mattress’s dimensions, weight, and thickness:
- California King-size bed: 72″ x 84″
- King-size bed: 76″ x 80″
- Queen mattress: 60″ x 80″
- Full-size mattress: 54″ x 75″
- Twin XL: 39″ x 80″
- Twin mattress: 39″ x 75″
- 75 pounds (for the Queen mattress)
- 12 inches
There are several important factors that determine whether a mattress is comfortable or not. The most crucial factors include the firmness level, sinkage, and support.
Overall, on a 1–10 firmness scale, we rate Puffy Lux at around 5. Hence, we believe this mattress is medium-feel. According to Puffy Lux reviews, this is excellent news, as most sleepers prefer this firmness level or a mattress that’s slightly firmer. Furthermore, the Puffy Lux mattress is 12″ thick, making it a bit thicker than other similar models on the mattress market.
As for the sinkage, we believe that sleepers will dramatically sink into this mattress thanks to all the soft memory foam that the contour and the comfort layers contain. In other words, different reviews of the Puffy Lux mattress claim that you’ll likely feel like you’re “sinking” into the mattress and not just lying on top of it. Sleepers looking for a mattress that provides a “hugging” sensation will be satisfied since the Puffy Lux doesn’t offer a lot of bounce.
As we’ve previously mentioned in this review, this product is excellent for providing pressure-relieving support for the spine and hips. Furthermore, the Puffy Lux’s firmer bottom layers help create a foundation throughout the bed’s surface.
As previously mentioned in this Puffy Lux mattress review, the top layer of this mattress is created to stabilize the sleeper’s temperature. According to the company, the Puffy Lux mattress will cool the sleeper in the warmer months, while providing warmth in the winter. Puffy’s latest update of the Lux mattress features an additional layer with Climate-Adaptive Regulation foam for more advanced temperature control and regulation.
We believe the Puffy Lux mattress does a fantastic job supporting the weight of the sleeper along its edges. According to most Puffy Lux mattress reviews, typically, mattresses created from memory foam were not the best choice for ultimate edge support. However, since the Puffy Lux contains three layers, this mattress actually performed well in providing edge support.
People who share their beds with their kids or pets, or couples, need to pay extra attention to how well a mattress isolates motion. Overall, foam mattresses are great in reducing or eliminating motion transfer, and the Puffy Lux certainly is an example of this.
Durability and Maintenance
We will elaborate on this later in our review of the Puffy Lux mattress, but in short, the Puffy Lux comes with a lifetime warranty. Customers are reminded that a quality mattress should last 7–10 years.
Also, Puffy provides its customers with a 101-night sleep trial in case there’s any hesitation in whether the bed is the right choice or not. This means if you don’t like the mattress for some reason, you can receive a full refund and your bed will be donated.
It’s suggested in some Puffy mattress reviews that in order to extend the life of the mattress, it should be rotated every year or so. We loved the fact that the Puffy Lux mattress comes with a stain-resistant cover. This means you don’t have to worry about stains and spills.
Additionally, you don’t need to be concerned with off-gassing when unpacking your Puffy Lux mattress. Fortunately, it’s created from the highest quality foams, and as such, it doesn’t have a heavy scent. The only scent you may expect when unpacking this product comes from the plastic wrapping.
Overall, the Puffy Lux mattress customer reviews are positive. Furthermore, Puffy has a great reputation when it comes to customer service and benefits. Customers can contact Puffy via email at email@example.com or via telephone at 1-800-430-8380.
The customer support business hours are as follows:
6:30 a.m.–8:00 p.m. PST, Monday–Friday
8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. PST, Saturday–Sunday
Terms of Sale
Interested customers can purchase the Puffy Lux Mattress exclusively on the Puffy website. Also, keep in mind that the Puffy Lux Mattress ships to Canada and the United States.
According to Puffy Lux reviews, besides Hawaii and Alaska, there are no shipping fees when ordering within Canada and the US. The company ships the product through FedEx, usually within three days after the order’s placement. When the product arrives, it’s compressed and neatly packaged. The customer is fully responsible for unpacking and setting up the Puffy Lux mattress.
We love the fact that this Lux mattress arrives with a 101-night sleep trial. Keep in mind that the company requires the buyer to try the Puffy Lux out for a minimum of 14 nights, and they recommend that the buyer tries it for a minimum of 30 nights in order to fully adjust to it.
Nevertheless, if the customer decides to return the Lux mattress during the trial window, he or she can reach out to Puffy’s customer support. Keep in mind that Puffy Lux mattress complaints are relatively minimal.
Puffy offers customers a lifetime warranty when purchasing the Lux mattress. Mattresses that are used correctly and supported with a proper bed frame can be replaced or repaired if there’s any defect.
The qualifying defects that make the mattress eligible for replacement or repair include indentations exceeding 1.5″, physical errors in the cover, and manufacturing errors in the cover zipper. As a note, the warranty only applies to the original buyer when it’s purchased through an authorized retailer.
Puffy Lux Mattress Price
As we’ve previously hinted at in this review, the price of the Puffy Lux is higher than the standard version. Of course, there are completely valid reasons why the Puffy Lux is more on the expensive side. For instance, significant value is added to the mattress by incorporating the high-density second layer. Also, the spill-proof material that ensures the mattress lasts a long time further adds to the luxurious fee, which we already mentioned in this Puffy Lux bed review.
Depending on its dimensions, the prices of the Puffy Lux range from $1,445 to $1,995. However, you should always check if there are any discounts on the official site. Plus, you can sometimes save some money by redeeming Puffy coupon codes.
- California king mattress: $1,795
- King-size bed: $1,795
- Queen mattress: $1,595
- Full-size mattress: $1,395
- Twin XL: $1,295
- Twin mattress: $1,245
Who Can Benefit From This Mattress?
- People who prefer a memory foam mattress that offers support and comfort (reviews of the Puffy Lux mattress confirm that this is due to its strong base layer)
- People who worry about overheating during the night (Puffy Lux is excellent in heat dissipation and temperature regulation)
- People looking for a bed that comes with an excellent warranty (Puffy has a lifetime warranty)
- All types of sleepers (stomach, side, back, and combo)
- Medium and petite-sized sleepers
- Couples and people with kids or pets
Who Should Look Elsewhere?
- People who are looking for an inexpensive mattress (the Puffy Lux is on the pricier side—we suggest checking out the standard Puffy for a more budget-friendly option)
- People who dislike memory foam mattresses due to the “sinking feeling”
- People over 250 lbs (heavier individuals may dislike the sinking sensation)
Puffy Lux Mattress Review Summary
All in all, we can conclude that the Puffy Lux is an upgraded and luxurious version of the standard Puffy, based on the Puffy Lux mattress reviews. Overall, the Puffy Lux bed is an excellent choice for people looking for luxurious mattresses created from the highest quality materials. Furthermore, the Puffy Lux is ideal for people who want support and comfort while sleeping, as well as minimal motion transfer and optimal temperature regulation.