Thuma beds are gorgeous, easy to assemble, and made from quality materials. If you’re searching for a bed that you can put together on your own without any tools and it still comes out looking like a professional job, then the Thuma bed may be exactly right for you.
In our Thuma bed review, we’ll discuss all the pros and cons of purchasing one of these beds. You’ll gain insight into the company, its products, and the level of customer service you can expect when doing business with Thuma.
Thuma looked around the bedroom and decided it could do better—and it started with the bed. According to the official Thuma bed reviews, the company claims that for far too long we’ve settled for beds that we just aren’t entirely happy with. And so the company decided to solve that problem by designing the ultimate platform bed.
The Thuma bed uses the best of interior design trends, Japanese design, and modern architecture to create a bed that’s the height of simplicity. And, as the company asserts, simplicity is at the heart of sophistication.
The aim was to create a stylish bed that could be put together at home without any tools or previous knowledge. And we believe Thuma succeeded at this.
Thuma Bed Features
As listed in official Thuma bed frame reviews, the materials used in this walnut-colored bed are upcycled and repurposed rubberwood from the rubber tree. This makes the product both eco-friendly and locally available to Thuma’s factories and the people who make these crafted beds.
The cushioned PillowBoard is made from a 100% polyester pebbled linen-weave, which covers a tapered foam filling. The PillowBoard is a comfortable and functional alternative to the classic headboard.
- First, you have the platform bed frame itself. It’s constructed from repurposed rubberwood that would otherwise go to waste after all the latex had been extracted. It is solid as well as eco-friendly. Although it’s walnut in color, you might find variations in the coloring due to the natural properties of the wood, according to Thuma bed reviews.
- The cushioned slats are double-strength and lined with something called Eco-fi felt made using recycled plastics. They’re durable and offer a quietness that’s unusual in bed slats. With these slats, you don’t need a box spring or bed skirt as they’re designed to be exactly what any mattress needs to rest on.
- The PillowBoard is made from a tapered foam filling and 100% polyester pebbled linen to make for a comfortable and stylish alternative to what would usually be a headboard. You have a choice between two colors: dark charcoal or light linen.
- You’ll receive three boxes with all the pieces for your bed frame and PillowBoard.
- There are two hand-tightened screws, and you don’t need any tools to fit the rest of the pieces together.
- It should take one person between 5 and 15 minutes to put this bed together, even if they’re taking their time.
- The PillowBoard is designed to slip in between the back of the bed and a wall or any hard surface that the bed is up against.
Durability and Maintenance
You’ll find that this wooden bed frame is as durable as wooden bed frames get. Despite not needing any tools, the frame is sturdy and solid. You don’t need any extra pieces, except for a mattress. The mattress rests directly on the durable and double-strength slats, which shouldn’t cause any squeaking.
Once the bed is constructed, it shouldn’t need much attention after that. It’s a good idea to dust off the bed once in a while with a soft cloth, making sure that it stays away from moisture. You can also remove the PillowBoard to wash it. Other than that, it won’t need much maintenance.
We make it clear in our Thuma review that part of this company’s belief is to make “bed time” (yes, it treats it as two words) better, and that includes offering superior service. Representatives treat each customer as if they’re curating an experience for them and not simply selling them a bed.
If you want to contact the company, it’s preferred that you email them at email@example.com. But first, you should check out their detailed FAQ section to see if your question has already been answered.
The company also offers the option of sending snail mail if that’s your thing. Simply send your post to 1592 Union St., San Francisco, CA 94123.
Terms of Sale
Trial Period and Return Policy
There’s a 100-day period for new Thuma owners to review the bed at their leisure and decide whether it suits their needs. If you choose at any time before the 100 days is up to return the bed, you’ll receive a refund for the price you paid for the bed.
All you need to do in order to return the bed is contact the company and follow the instructions you’re given.
Thuma reviews show that the bed is shipped to you in three boxes. This way, it’s easy to carry them up stairs or move them through different doors in your home.
The company ships its products using FedEx. It ships to the continental US for free and also offers shipping to Hawaii. Currently, Thuma doesn’t offer international shipping. The bed will be delivered between one and seven business days, depending on where in the United States you live. If you want to schedule a day and time for delivery, feel free to email the company at firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will do its best to accommodate you.
The Thuma bed comes with a lifetime warranty. In our Thuma bed review, we feel that the company believes this bed is of such high quality that it should last for as long as you need it to. So if there are any manufacturing defaults during the time you have your Thuma bed, you should be able to contact the company to sort out the problem.
- Twin-Size Bed Frame: $695
- Full-Size Bed Frame: $795
- Queen-Size Bed Frame: $895
- King-Size Bed Frame: $995
- California King Bed Frame: $995
While these are the prices at present, you should keep an eye on the website for the occasional Thuma bed discount code or promotion. You can also get financing for your Thuma bed through Affirm. Simply click on Affirm when choosing your payment option at check out.
Summary of Our Thuma Bed Review
The Thuma wooden bed frame and PillowBoard is a firm favorite and for good reason. It’s as solid, safe, quiet, and secure as it is stylish and sophisticated. And since the warranty lasts a lifetime, you know that this bed frame will last for as long as you need it to. It’s also super easy to set up, requiring no tools, and will only take you 5–15 minutes to put together on your own.