Diamond Mattress Reviews
In this review, we will be looking at the Diamond Mattress GIFT and Rally Collection. All the beds in these two collections have unique characteristics, ensuring that every customer finds what they’re looking for.
Transformation Hybrid Mattress Review
The Transformation is one of the four hybrid mattresses in Diamond’s GIFT Collection. Along with the Faith, it’s one of the company’s most popular models, and the costliest too.
We will start our Diamond Mattress reviews with the company’s most premium model, the 10’’ thick Transformation mattress that combines five layers of foam and coils for cool, undisturbed sleep.
- Cover: This bed uses a CoolTouch Advanced fabric in the cover that helps regulate temperature, while the luxury stretch-knit design conforms to the body and boosts comfort and pressure relief.
- Comfort Layer: This 2’’ section consists of Diamond’s proprietary Sparkle foam, which provides superior pressure relief and support. This graphite-infused comfort layer goes a long way into dissipating body heat and regulating core temperature.
- Micro-Coil Comfort Layer: This is one of the features that make the Transformation mattress stand out. This layer of more than 1,000 micro-coils increases airflow and provides what Diamond Mattress company reviews have called “weightless pressure relief.” The coils in the Transformation mattress are pocketed to improve motion isolation and help couples sleep undisturbed all night.
- Transitional Layer: The coils rest on another 2’’ section of high-density supreme foams, which like the upper layers, serve to dissipate heat and help the body conform to a comfortable sleeping position.
- Support System: The whole mattress rests on a base layer that helps maintain stability and improves alignment by offering 25% more support than other beds and in areas where users need it the most.
Like all the mattresses by Diamond in our Diamond sleep mattress review, the Transformation comes in three firmness options: Plush, the softest option (rated 3 on the firmness scale); Medium (rated 5), making it the ideal firmness level for any sleeper; and Firm, the best model for stomach sleepers (ranked 8 out of 10 in terms of firmness).
As a hybrid mattress, the patented zone core and the micro-coils in the upper layers give this bed a great deal of responsiveness, so users shouldn’t feel like they are sinking too much into the mattress. That said, the comfort layer of the Sparkle Foam and the fabric in the cover provide excellent body contouring, allowing sleepers to feel comfortable in any position.
This Diamond Mattress review highly recommends the Transformation for all kinds of sleepers.
Stomach sleepers will love the Transformation Firm for its spinal alignment, whereas side sleepers should appreciate the supportive cradle of the Plush model. Medium mattresses, however, are probably the best option as they provide the perfect balance between support and comfort for all sleeping positions and body shapes.
Thanks to the micro-coils and the brand’s patented foam that molds to the shape of the body, the Transformation Hybrid successfully eliminates painful pressure points in the hips, shoulders, and lower back, ensuring that sleepers have a comfortable and relaxing night’s rest.
Diamond mattress reviews show the Transformation might be the best of the bunch when it comes to temperature regulation. The Sparkle foam, the PCM in the cover, and the micro-coils in the center — all these features increase airflow and breathability, pulling heat away from the body, and guaranteeing a cool slumber.
A mattress with great edge support allows sleepers to use the entire sleeping surface of the bed without feeling as if they were about to roll-off; an important feature for couples and heavier sleepers.
The Transformation, like the other models in this Diamond collection mattress review, has a foam-encased comfort edge for added support around the perimeter of the bed.
This mattress might be the most expensive in the collection, but if you have a partner who is particularly restless, the Transformation Hybrid will be worth every dollar.
- Features a layer of micro-coils for greater airflow and support
- Excellent for hot sleepers
- Completely isolates motion transfer
- The most expensive model from this mattress brand
- Costlier than other hybrids on the market
- Some users have complained that the foam starts to sag after some time
Intention Hybrid Mattress Review
The Intention Hybrid falls in the category of medium-priced models and has many stand-out features that make it a great bed for hot and side sleepers, which is confirmed in many Diamond mattress company reviews.
The Intention is 10’’ tall and combines layers of foam and coils for the perfect good night’s rest.
- Cover: The Intention is covered with the brand’s CoolTouch fabric that is said to pull heat and moisture away from the body. The cover is additionally quilted with foam for extra comfort and pressure relief.
- Comfort Layer: Next up is a 1.5’’ layer of Diamond’s own Sparkle foam. As we mentioned before in our Diamond brand mattress review, the company’s proprietary Sparkle Foam is infused with graphite — a cooling agent — which helps absorb heat and create a cool sleeping surface for ultimate comfort and relief.
- Transitional Layer: After Diamond’s Sparkle foam, there is a 2’’ layer of hyper-conductive polyfoam with body contouring properties that help sleepers feel comfortable in any position. It further serves as a buffer, easing sleepers from the comfy top layers to the firmer coil system below.
- Support Layer: Made up of pocketed coils, the Intention incorporates the patented zone support system that eliminates motion transfer, supports the spine, and relieves pressure points on the body.
Next up in our Diamond Mattress reviews is the feel of the mattress.
The Intention is available in three firmness options:
- The Plush is rated as 3 on the 1–10 scale, the same as the Transformation, but a bit softer than the Grateful model.
- As far as the Medium is concerned, the company has rated it as 5, although some reviews of Diamond mattresses have put it closer to 5.5. Both ratings, when compared to the industry-standard of 6.5, show that this bed is leaning towards the softer side of the firmness scale.
- The medium-feel model might be softer than most, but the Firm Intention mattress is a completely different story. Rated as 10 out of 10 on the firmness scale, this bed is one of the firmest on the market.
This model by Diamond isn’t a latex mattress, but reviews show it is a soft and gentle mattress, yet buoyant as well.
This balance between contouring and responsiveness is the right fit for any kind of user; however, it is perhaps best-suited for combo sleepers who need to change positions in their sleep.
In addition to combo sleepers, the Intention, primarily due to the firmer coils in the bed’s core, is an exceptional option for people who sleep on their side. Our Diamond Mattress spinal comfort review found this bed to be soft enough for side sleepers to get cushioned support from the top layers, but sufficiently firm to align their spine.
Back and stomach sleepers should feel more than comfortable lying on this bed, although they might prefer the Medium or Firm option more.
Diamond Mattress makes beds that relieve pressure and promote healthy, invigorating sleep, no matter your sleeping position, and the Intention is no exception. It promotes ideal alignment between the hips and shoulders, ample lumbar support and it successfully eliminates pressure pains, enabling all users to rest comfortably on this mattress.
The Intention has many components that help regulate temperature, including the advanced cooling fabric in the cover. There isn’t just one Diamond CoolTouch mattress review that praises the benefits of this material that is light, cool, and which serves to wick moisture and perspiration away from the body.
Besides the cooling tech in the cover, the Intention mattress incorporates a layer of convoluted foam, which has a ridge design further boosting airflow. This egg-crate foam is lighter than the typical polyfoam and doesn’t trap heat as foam-based mattresses are known to do.
Considering all these factors, and the price, this Diamond brand mattress review recommends the Intention as one of the most affordable mattresses for hot sleepers.
Diamond’s Intention Hybrid spring system is foam encased to provide edge-to-edge comfort for all sleepers, even the ones who like to stretch out towards the ends of the mattress. The coils in the core allow for enough bounce so users won’t have any issues jumping out of this bed in the morning.
One thing that numerous Diamond reviews agree on is how effective these mattresses are in motion isolation.
The quilted cover and the foam comfort layers muffle almost all movement, while the zoned support in the core of the mattress keeps the bed steady and contributes even more to the reduction of motion transfer.
In short, the Intention Hybrid is a phenomenal choice for couples who want to sleep at night without being woken up by their partner’s uncontrolled movements.
- Great for hot sleepers
- Ideal for side and combo sleepers
- Excellent motion isolation
- Moderately priced
- Good edge support
- Not the right fit for people looking for the sinkage of memory foam
- There are some online Diamond Mattress complaints regarding durability
Grateful Hybrid Mattress Review
The Grateful is the most budget-friendly of all the beds in Diamond’s GIFT Collection and therefore one of the most popular among customers.
The Grateful Hybrid may be the least costly of all Diamond mattresses, but it doesn’t compromise on quality and performance. In fact, this 10’’ tall mattress provides the best of both worlds — multiple layers of supreme foams and a core system of individually-wrapped coils.
- Cover: Unlike the other Diamond CoolTouch mattress in this review, the Grateful is topped with a quilted, knit fabric designed to regulate core temperature for cool, comfy nights.
- Comfort Layer: A 1’’ layer of gel memory foam made to conform to any body type as well as boost circulation.
- Transitional Layer: Next, there are 2’’ of high-density foam to ease the transition from the soft comfort sections to the coils in the support layer. This comfort foam is cooler than traditional polyfoam and serves to further relieve pressure points in the body.
- Support Layer: The base of the mattress consists of pocketed coils offering zoned support and alignment of the spine for improved sleep posture and more natural slumber. Just like the other beds we covered in our Diamond Mattress reviews, the base of the Grateful is encased in foam for added edge support.
The Grateful is sold in three different firmness alternatives:
- The Plush, rated 4 — a bit firmer than the Transportation and the Intention.
- The Medium, ranked 6, is most suitable for couples who sleep in different positions.
- The Firm option, which rates 9 out of 10, is ideal for sleepers over 230 lbs who are looking for more firmness in their mattress.
No matter which firmness option you choose, the Grateful doesn’t allow the sleeper to feel trapped.
The gel memory foam does conform to the body, but it’s balanced out by the responsiveness of the coils in the base. In other words, the Diamond memory foam in this mattress, reviews show, offers comfort and some sinkage, but the springs let users move around the surface and change positions without too much difficulty.
This bed comes with the brand’s patented zoned base layer that provides 25% more support than other hybrids on the market. This means the Grateful is built to offer adequate spinal alignment for back, stomach, and side sleepers.
If you select the right firmness option for your size and sleeping preference, there is no reason why the Grateful Hybrid couldn’t provide superior pressure relief for people who sleep on their backs, stomach, side, and those who switch between the three.
All of the beds we analyzed in our Diamond sleep mattress reviews have no issues with temperature regulation, although the Grateful should be cooler than the other mattresses. Thanks to the moisture-wicking quilted cover, the gel foam and the pocketed coils in the core boost airflow, which is particularly suitable for sleepers who tend to sleep very hot.
The spring system of all Diamond GIFT mattresses is encased with extra foam for added support, particularly around the perimeter of the mattress. This technology, which allows sleepers to use the entire surface of the bed without feeling unstable, makes the Grateful the ideal option for couples and heavyweight sleepers on a tighter budget.
The entire spring system, as we stated earlier in this Diamond collection mattress review, is encased in foam for greater stability, while the two layers of polyfoam — one in the top and one in the transitional layer — do a great job of eliminating motion. In addition, the coils in the core are individually wrapped; meaning, movement from one section of the bed is not transferred to the other.
- Good edge support
- Excellent motion isolation
- Great spinal alignment and support
- Ideal for hot sleepers
Faith Hybrid Mattress Review
Rounding off our GIFT Diamond Mattress reviews is the Faith Hybrid, another one of the brand’s best-sellers and its most luxury model. Although the price tag on the Diamond Faith bed is higher than the Grateful and the Intention, this mattress is still good value for money considering all the features it provides.
Combining two layers of polyfoam and pocketed coils to suit all sleepers and preferences, the Faith is a 10’’ tall mattress that is simple in design, but effective in temperature regulation, pressure relief, and motion isolation.
- Cover: Like the Transformation mattress, the Faith incorporates the brand’s PCM for advanced temperature control, although at a slightly lower price. As we stated earlier in our Diamond Mattress CoolTouch reviews, this fabric regulates temperature and takes excess heat away from the body, improving both the quantity and quality of your slumber.
- Comfort Layer: Infused with graphene and conductive flakes to reduce heat, this layer of memory foam further improves heat control.
- Transitional Layer: The memory foam section rests on 2’’ of healthy comfort layers, which not only regulates temperature but also conforms to the body and creates a comfortable cradle for any sleeper.
- Support Layer: The Faith is built with Diamond’s tried-and-tested zoned support system that relieves pressure and tension in the back, hips, and shoulders and promotes healthy sleep by improving posture and alignment.
The last model in our GIFT Diamond Mattress reviews is also available in three firmness options:
- The Plush is the softest of all Diamond mattresses. Rated 2 on the firmness scale, it gives sleepers that feeling of sinking deep into the comfort layers of the bed.
- The Medium level is rated as 4, making it much softer than the industry-standard of 6.5. This firmness level will benefit side sleepers, yet our own findings (and more than one Diamond Mattress Faith review) indicate that stomach sleepers and heavyweight users will need a firmer option.
- The Firm, rated 8 on the 1–10 scale, is the perfect choice for people looking for a firmer bed; one that still retains some responsiveness and bounce.
The Faith offers the perfect blend of conformity and responsiveness giving users the freedom to move around on the bed but still feel cradled and supported.
Nevertheless, even though the plush and the medium option are right for sleepers weighing around 150 lbs, heavier users (230 lbs or more) might sink too far into the mattress resulting in lower back pain and strained muscles.
The Diamond Mattress company describes this bed as providing “responsive comfort.” In other words, the Faith adapts to the user’s sleeping position primarily due to the memory foam in the comfort layers, while the support core system elevates the body and adjusts the spine.
Pressure relief is one of the most important features of any mattress. A bed that alleviates stress and tension in the body’s most sensitive areas results not only in better sleep but improved physical and mental health as well. Luckily, the Diamond Faith mattress is here to make sure that your sleep doesn’t suffer because of uncomfortable nights and pains and aches in your back, shoulders, and hips.
Diamond’s memory foam, mattress reviews agree, guarantees superior pressure relief, and thus a stress-free slumber.
The Faith is pricier than other Diamond models but its unique temperature regulation properties justify the higher price tag, especially for hot sleepers and those who suffer from night sweats.
Diamond’s Sparkle foam and spring system work in unison to dissipate heat and improve airflow, but it is the PCM coating in the cover that provides the greatest benefits by monitoring and regulating the user’s core temperature and absorbing excess moisture.
If you are the kind of person who wants or needs more sleeping surface, you won’t go wrong with any Diamond mattress, our Faith review guarantees it.
Foam surrounds the coil layer of this mattress, and similarly to other Diamond beds, the Faith lets users stretch out on the mattress without experiencing “roll-off” or instability.
The foam-cased zoned support system in the center of the mattress doesn’t just serve to cool the surface, align the spine, and support the edges — it is perfect for motion isolation, as well.
As Diamond sleep mattress reviews have testified, the extraordinary motion isolation makes the Faith a great option not just for couples who want to sleep peacefully, but also for pet owners who have their furry friend sleep on the same bed.
- Zoned support offers relief to all kinds of sleeping positions
- PCM coating in the cover guarantees cool nights
- Great motion isolation
- The Plush option offers enough comfort and sinkage for sleepers of 130 lbs or less
- A bit more expensive than other Diamond models
- Not enough third-party online Diamond Mattress reviews
- Loses support over time
Rally Foam and Hybrid Mattress Review
As a company that has been in the industry for as long as Diamond Mattress, it becomes clear that there isn’t one single mattress that would suit everyone. That’s why the company offers mattress customization, allowing users to tailor beds to their individual needs and preferences by choosing their own comfort, core, and cover levels.
Both the Rally Hybrid and the Rally Foam are 12’’ tall (taller than the industry-standard).
- Cover: There are three covers to choose from: one is the previously-mentioned Diamond Mattress CoolTouch that these reviews have already gone through; the Supercharge layer with its unique Aqua Cool treatment for active temperature regulation; and the hyper-conductive copper-infused foam for even more heat-regulating properties.
- Comfort Layer: Next is a layer of gel memory foam that boosts circulations, aids muscle recovery, and molds to the shape of the body.
- Transitional Layer: Both Rally beds have a transitional section of high-density polyfoam for greater support and comfort.
- Support Layer: This is where the Rally Foam and Rally Hybrid differ. While the Rally Foam incorporates an all-foam core, the Rally Hybrid uses pocketed coils.
Of all mattress features, firmness depends the most on the sleeping style, personal preference, and weight — a fact Diamond knows remarkably well. In fact, in all our Diamond Mattress reviews, this California company has shown exceptional versatility when it comes to firmness level and it’s done the same with the Rally Collection:
- The Rally Foam Plush is rated 4, whereas the Rally Hybrid Plush is even softer — rated 3. Both soft options are an excellent option for lightweight side sleepers.
- Medium models are made for sleepers who need a balance of responsiveness and firmness. Rated 6, the foam bed is a bit firmer than the hybrid, which receives 5/10;
- The Rally Foam Firm (rated 8), and the Rally Hybrid Firm ranking at 7, are recommended for back and stomach sleepers.
For those looking for the hugging feeling of the memory foam, our review of this Diamond mattress advises going with the Rally Foam. On the other hand, those who prefer the bounce of springs will be more than happy with the Diamond Rally Hybrid.
The two mattresses in Diamond’s Rally Collection use enough foam layers to support all sleepers, no matter whether they sleep on their backs, their sides, their stomachs, or switch between the three. The Rally Hybrid mattress, though, could potentially be better suited to stomach sleepers as the coils in the core give more support and less sinkage than the foam base of the Rally Foam.
Diamond Mattress reviews show the brand has the beds to provide ultimate support and comfort regardless of whether users need relief in the hips and shoulders (for side and stomach sleepers) or in the lumbar area (for those who sleep on their backs).
Temperature regulation is where Diamond Rally mattresses truly shine. When comparing the Rally Collection to our previous Diamond Mattress CoolTouch gel reviews, we can clearly see why these two mattresses are superior in temperature control.
Each of the three layers that cover the Rally Foam and the Rally Hybrid use cooling technology, resulting in the most comfortable sleep of your life.
Motion isolation may be the most obvious consideration for couples looking to buy a mattress. Yet, investigating just how firm the bed is around the edges is worth checking out — hence why we devoted an entire section to it in our Diamond reviews.
Luckily for couples, particularly those working with a limited budget, the Diamond Rally Hybrid mattress offers outstanding edge support. The Rally Foam might sag a bit around the edges, but it still offers decent support.
Whatever comfort or core option you go with, rest assured that motion will be eliminated. Even if the coils in the Hybrid make the bed bouncier, the foam layers in the top should deaden noise and movement allowing you to sleep even when your partner tosses and turns during the night.
- Easily customizable cover, core, and firmness level
- Superb temperature regulation
- Great for all sleeping positions
- Competitively priced
- Not enough online customer reviews of Diamond mattresses to back up company claims
- Issues with long-term durability
Durability and Maintenance
Diamond Mattress offers a lifetime warranty on all the beds we have reviewed here. The company claims that it uses only high-quality materials and a firmer, supportive base than other beds on the market. These features are meant to stand the test of time and be in your life for years to come. Nevertheless, one of the biggest complaints customers have regarding these mattresses is their lack of durability.
One of the biggest downsides, and in the case of some of these beds — the only downside, is that Diamond mattresses start to show signs of sagging fairly quickly. One customer Diamond Mattress review, in particular, complained that their bed started to sag after merely three months have passed and that sleeping on it became unbearable in less than a year. These are concerning issues to be sure, but not a deal-breaker as the company offers a lifetime warranty on all the mattresses in this review.
Diamond mattresses don’t require any special care beyond the usual six-month rotation to prevent the development of body impressions on the surface of the bed.
What’s more, the mattress is delivered in a box, and while customer Diamond Mattress reviews say that unpacking is easy and simple, the company can arrange for the mattress to be set up for an additional fee. Once the mattress is unboxed, let it air out and expand, place it on a flat, solid surface, and you’re good to go.
The cover is removable, but machine washing and dry-cleaning are not advisable. Spot cleaning with a mild detergent and warm water is the way to go if you don’t want to damage the fabric in the cover. If your cover tends to get dirty, you might want to invest in a mattress protector.
As discussed earlier in our Diamond Mattress review, this mattress brand has been in the mattress industry for 80 years. With so many years of experience in both manufacturing and retail, the company knows how to deal with complaints quickly and efficiently, as well as offer friendly and helpful responses to all questions and queries.
Even though there are some Diamond Mattress complaints regarding the company’s customer service, the brand has an extensive customer support team available for comments and questions via phone and email.
Terms of Sale
Trial Period and Return Policy
Diamond gives customers a chance to try out their mattresses for 120 nights, which is slightly more generous than some other brands on the market.
If you do decide to return a Diamond mattress, the company will pick up the bed and provide you with a full refund.
Shipping and Delivery Options
Diamond ships for free across the US (with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii). In addition to standard delivery, Diamond offers White Glove Service for an extra fee.
All the mattresses discussed in this Diamond sleep mattress review come with a forever warranty. This means that the warranty is valid for as long as the original purchaser owns the mattress.
The warranty covers indentations deeper than 1.5’’ that are not the result of improper use or inadequate support (bed base, foundation, or frame). The guarantee also doesn’t apply to physical damages, such as stains, burns, cuts, and tears.
If a defect occurs in the first ten years of ownership, the company will replace your mattress for free. If a customer makes a warranty claim after the ten year period expires, Diamond Mattress will repair the defect or replace the bed with a similar model at 50% off the cost of the mattress.
Diamond Mattress Prices
All Diamond mattresses are competitively priced and the cost doesn’t vary that much from one bed to another. That said, the brand’s Rally collection (both the foam and the hybrid) is the most budget-friendly, whereas their most popular models — the Faith and Transformation Hybrid — are the costliest. However, seeing as how the average cost of a queen-size hybrid is between $1,000–$1,300, (the queen-sized Faith is $1,399 and the queen-sized Transformation is $1,599) these models are not excessively overpriced.
To better compare Diamond Mattress prices take a look at the table below.
|Twin ||Twin XL ||Full||Queen ||King ||Cal King |
|Transformation Hybrid ||$1,399||$1,449||$1,499||$1,599||$1,999||$1,999|
|Rally Foam ||$799||$849||$899||$999||$1,299||$1,299|
|Rally Hybrid ||$799||$849||$899||$999||$1,299||$1,299|
Diamond mattresses won’t break the bank, and with the forever warranty, there is no doubt that they offer good value for money.
Still, customers should always be on the lookout for more cost-effective options and Diamond Mattresses provides them. In addition to holiday sales and discounts, the brand offers coupons and codes, as well as financing with Affirm for as low as 10% APR.
Summary of Our Review of Diamond Mattress
Diamond Mattress has something for every mattress shopper. Each of the beds in our review is available in three firmness models, two of which are customizable, so customers are bound to find an option that matches their sleep style, preferences, and needs.
Another thing that makes Diamond Mattress stand out is the sheer quality of the materials used. Rather than outsourcing, the company manufactures all the elements in-house, including foams, fabrics, and coils, which ensures that only superior quality and eco-friendly materials are used.
Finally, even though some of their models are costlier, Diamond backs up all their claims with a forever warranty, making even the higher-end models worth every last dime.