Do you think that one mattress can suit us all? Neither does the Amerisleep team.
That’s why it offers a range of five different mattresses. Each one provides a different level of firmness and is designed with a particular type of sleeper in mind.
So would you like to find out which mattress is the best pick for you?
Keep on reading our detailed Amerisleep mattress review and learn more about these eco-friendly mattresses.
Amerisleep offers five mattress models, each designed with a specific type of sleeper in mind!
Value for money
How Did Amerisleep Make Our List?
Being absolutely amazed by a mattress manufacturer’s design concept and story is honestly rare—at least for us, a team of researchers seeking out the best mattresses to buy out there. We put together this Amerisleep mattress review because the mattresses this company produces are popular and have been widely discussed. If you’re looking for a modern, highly effective alternative to your current mattress, read on.
A Comparison of the Amerisleep Mattresses
Amerisleep thought about the sleeping process in detail when they designed their mattresses. The company’s unique, high-density foam sets Amerisleep apart, something that has been emphasized in most Amerisleep mattress reviews. It’s a Bio-Pur foam that’s partially made of plants, making it perfectly eco-friendly. So let’s see what other materials are used in the Amerisleep mattresses.
- CelliantⓇ Cover: Celliant is an advanced fabric that includes minerals in its structure to help regulate temperature. Additionally, the cover has a Greenguard fiber fire barrier.
- Bio-PurTM Memory Foam: This foam is five times more breathable than other foam types, since it has an advanced open-cell structure that wicks heat away, leaving sleepers feeling cool. If you compare the Amerisleep vs Casper, you’ll notice they have different solutions to the same problem. In order to prevent heat retention, Casper avoids placing memory foam in the top layer, while Amerisleep uses their special type of foam, providing maximum breathability. You can also read our full Casper review.
- Active Flex Foam: This type of foam is featured only in the Amerisleep AS5 since its purpose is to make the mattress even softer. However, it doesn’t give you that “stuck in the mud” feeling because it’s so responsive.
- “Feels Like You’re Floating Layer”: This layer consists of foam hexagons that form a structure resembling a honeycomb. It uses HIVEⓇ Technology, which provides responsiveness and support by adjusting to the body’s shape and providing pain point pressure relief. Some Amerisleep AS3 reviews point out that this zoned support system is what makes the Amerisleep mattresses so comfortable.
- Bio-CoreTM Foam: The base layer of the Amerisleep mattresses is made of high-quality Bio-Core foam. This layer serves as the core of the mattress and as such provides support and proper alignment. Additionally, the base foam is designed to provide stability and durability, so your mattress shouldn’t sag even after decades of use.
Overview of the Amerisleep Mattresses
In the table below, you can see the different layers in the Amerisleep mattresses. It’s interesting that the AS2, AS3, and AS4 all have the same layers, but they differ in terms of density and firmness level. When we did a quick comparison of the Amerisleep AS2 vs AS3, we immediately noticed the difference in their construction, and therefore firmness levels, due to the differing thicknesses found in the Bio-PurTM and HIVEⓇ technology layers.
|Bio-PurTM Memory Foam||2″ thick||2″ thick||3″ thick||4″ thick||3″ thick|
|Active Flex Foam||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||2″ thick|
|HIVEⓇ Technology||N/A||3″ thick|
|Bio-CoreTM Foam||8″ thick|
1.65 lb density
1.5 lb density
1.5 lb density
1.5 lb density
1.5 lb density
*ILD (used in numerous mattress reviews) stands for Impression Load Deflection and represents the measure of a firmness level.
A mattress’s comfort level depends on your own subjective sleeping preferences. It’s one of the most complex features since it encompasses the firmness level, sinkage, and support.
Firmness can be defined as the feeling you get the first time you lie down on a mattress. The firmness spectrum of the Amerisleep mattresses ranges from very firm to plush soft. The firmest option is AS1, while the softest Amerisleep mattress is AS5.
The Amerisleep AS3 is right in the middle of that range, so it’s categorized as a medium firm mattress. As one customer wrote in his Amerisleep AS3 review on Reddit, it’s mostly suitable for side and combo sleepers, but it’s also good for people who sleep on their stomach or back and often change positions.
In terms of sinkage, the Amerisleep mattresses are quite impressive since they contour to your body but don’t allow you to sink in and lose support.
However, they don’t provide the same amount of cushioning. For example, if you compare the Amerisleep AS4 vs AS3, the AS4 model ranks much better in this regard. Therefore, this model is more suitable for side sleepers.
It’s very important that a mattress provides enough support so that your spine isn’t placed in a bad position, which may result in aches and pains. The amount of support you need mostly depends on your preferred sleeping position.
So if you like sleeping on your back or stomach, the AS1 and AS2 would be the perfect choice since they provide ample support and don’t let your hips sink in. According to most Amerisleep AS2 reviews, stomach sleepers find this mattress very supportive and comfortable.
The AS3 is generally a good option for all sleeping positions if you’re of average weight. Also, combo sleepers usually pick this model.
Finally, if you prefer sleeping on your side, a softer mattress, such as the AS4 and AS5, may benefit you the most. They’re great at providing pressure relief for your pain points while keeping your spine in perfect alignment.
When it comes to a mattress’s air circulation and breathability, the Amerisleep mattresses beat the competition from all angles. The open-cell structure of the top layer, in combination with the plant-based material, provide second to none air-circulation.
We’ve researched the air circulation of the Amerisleep mattresses in detail and analyzed many Amerisleep mattress reviews from users. When compared to competing mattresses in the $2000–$4000 price range, the Amerisleep performs much better.
Besides each mattress’s cooling layer, the Celliant cover also contributes to their cooling effects and temperature control. It’s designed to absorb excess body heat and then recycle it into infrared energy.
All Amerisleep mattresses perform quite well in terms of edge support. As expected, the softer options show a bit more compression, but they don’t make you feel unstable.
The mattresses are designed with high-quality memory foam, providing excellent stability and durability over time. Judging by the many Amerisleep reviews on Amazon we analyzed on the matter, the Amerisleep models offer excellent edge support in comparison to other memory foam mattresses.
The Amerisleep mattresses have practically no motion transfer. The comfort layer absorbs motion quite well and doesn’t allow sleepers to feel any disturbances when their partners change positions.
Durability and Maintenance
You can expect to use this mattress without any problems for at least 10–15 years, which outpaces the competition by almost five years in durability. These absolutely unbeatable durability numbers are due to the material specs of the mattresses and their foam density, which is a major factor in determining mattress durability.
As our research has shown—not to mention your average review of the Amerisleep mattress—these mattresses offer outstanding durability, especially when compared to other luxury brands in the same category.
When it comes to the regular care of your mattress, Amerisleep’s team claims that you don’t need to turn or rotate it for even wear. You can also easily remove the cover and wash it from time to time.
If you need help or have some questions, Amerisleep offers amazing customer service. When we reached out, its representative was quick to respond with a helpful answer. But this isn’t only our experience. In a number of Amerisleep reviews, customers praise Amerisleep’s customer service team for being kind and responsive, claiming that it’s second to none. So feel free to contact the company by phone, email, or live chat.
Terms of Sale
Amerisleep is so confident in the quality of their mattresses that they offer a 100-night trial period. As the sleeping engineers working on the Amerisleep mattresses concluded—and we in this Amerisleep mattress review agree—trying out a mattress in a showroom isn’t always enough, but the 100-night trial should tell you whether this is your ideal mattress or not.
If you decide it really doesn’t work for you in the first 30–100 days, and you want to return your mattress, the customer representatives in the company will work on getting you a full refund and donate your mattress to charity. How cool is that?
Once you decide to order this amazing mattress, you can enjoy free shipping right to your front door. No matter which mattress dimension you choose—whether it’s an Amerisleep AS3 king or twin mattress—it’s delivered to you in a standard packing box with the dimensions 15″ x 15″ x 42″. The company uses FedEx, and your mattress takes no more than a week to reach you. Its packing box is also eco-friendly, so you don’t have to worry about being environmentally conscious.
When making a long-term investment, such as buying an amazing mattress like the Amerisleep, you want to be as protected as possible so you don’t end up with a product that breaks down or simply stops serving its purpose. In this particular section, we’re analyzing just how good the protection is when investing in an Amerisleep mattress. As pointed out in many reviews of the Amerisleep mattress, you’re protected from day one with the 100-day trial period.
When this trial period ends, Amerisleep offers you a best-in-class warranty policy that protects you for two decades. If you return the mattress due to craftsmanship or quality-related issues during the first 10 years, you receive a full refund. During the following 10 years, the refund is calculated based on the period you’ve had your mattress.
The Amerisleep mattresses, with all their appealing characteristics, are on our best mattresses list for a reason. They’re versatile, with a sleek and elegant design, and best of all, they’re eco-friendly. Therefore, we’d have to say that the pricing is very reasonable, especially when compared to other manufacturers in the same category. For example, you can get an Amerisleep AS3 queen mattress for $1,399. It’s best to check out the prices of Amerisleep’s mattresses on the Amerisleep official website. You can also take a look at our list of best cheap mattresses.
Amerisleep offers such sweet deals that their website even has a “today’s deals” section. Just as an example of their daily deals, you can get the Amerisleep AS2 queen mattress along with an adjustable bed frame for a total of $3,018, saving up to $430. Also, they’re currently offering a coupon where if you use the code “TAKE200” at checkout, you get $200 off your mattress’s price. So always check out the official website because you might be able to buy an Amerisleep mattress on sale.
Who Should Buy an Amerisleep Mattress?
- Hot sleepers: If you sleep hot and need a state-of-the-art cooling system in your mattress, the Amerisleep mattresses are a great choice. They have better temperature regulation than most memory foam mattresses thanks to their Celliant cover and open-cell structure.
- Couples: If you’re a light sleeper sharing a bed with a restless sleeper, the Amerisleep mattress may be a good pick for you since it isolates motion pretty well.
- Back and stomach sleepers: The Amerisleep AS1 and AS2 are particularly good for back and stomach sleepers who need a firmer mattress. According to some reviews of the Amerisleep on Reddit, these mattresses will support your hips and keep your spine in proper alignment.
- Side sleepers: If you are a side sleeper, you’ll prefer the Amerisleep AS4 and AS5 mattresses because they offer a plush feel and provide great pressure relief.
- People who like classic memory foam: If you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” the mattress, the Amerisleep AS4 and AS5 may be a great option for you thanks to their body-contouring properties.
- Eco-friendly sleepers: If you try to live a green life, you should sleep green, too. The Amerisleep mattresses can help you in this endeavor since they’re made of eco-friendly materials that aren’t harmful to you or your environment. When we compared it with another eco-friendly option—the Amerisleep vs Loom and Leaf—we noticed that one of the major advantages of the Amerisleep mattresses is that they come in five different firmness levels.
Who Should Look Elsewhere and Why?
- People looking for more bounce: If you don’t like that typical memory foam feel which lets you sink into the mattress, you might want to look for a hybrid or innerspring mattress that offers a greater amount of bounce. That’s why we compared the Amerisleep vs Saatva and concluded that the Saatva mattress offers much higher, almost instant responsiveness in comparison to the Amerisleep, which takes a few seconds to bounce back to its original shape.
- Sleepers on a budget: The Amerisleep mattresses are a bit pricier than other memory foam mattresses, so they aren’t the best choice for people looking for more budget-friendly options.
Are the Amerisleep Mattresses Good?
Each Amerisleep mattress’s layer construction along with its use of eco-friendly memory foam and its beautiful, elegant design show that the company understands the importance of a good night’s sleep. The excellent pricing structure and shopping conditions, like free shipping and the flexible return policy, perfectly complement the product’s great quality. All in all, we have to say that the Amerisleep is designed to amaze.
With a choice of five models, every type of sleeper can enjoy the comfort and support these mattresses provide. To sum things up, our verdict on these mattresses is a definite yes. We hope we’ve given you the information you need to decide on the best mattress for your sleep needs in our Amerisleep mattress review.