Looking for an all-foam mattress that provides pressure relief and ample support at the same time?
Luxi has two products that match this description: the Luxi One and the Luxi 3-in-1. In short, one is more affordable, while the other is adjustable, meaning you can choose one of three firmness levels.
Want to learn more about these mattresses and the unique shape-matching technology they use? Read our in-depth Luxi mattress review and find out what makes the Luxi mattresses so special.
The Luxi 3-in-1 Adjustable Mattress gives you a unique opportunity to adjust the preferred level of firmness, while the Luxi One Mattress offers amazing comfort at a reasonable price.
Value for money
Why Does It Have a Place on Our List?
We’re always on the hunt for a mattress that can meet the needs of sleepers from all categories. Our team of researchers puts lots of energy and effort into testing, reading, and analyzing mattress reviews, as well as going through instructions and mattress characteristics to determine which category of sleeper would benefit from it most. And in cases like this, when we find a real gem in the crowd of manufacturers and mattress designs, we’re delighted to review it and share it with you.
Thanks to its special shape-matching technology, the Luxi mattresses adjust to your body shape and your sleeping position. They listen to your body’s needs.
In addition, the Luxi 3-in-1 adjustable mattress offers three levels of firmness. That—as we also found in many users’ Luxi mattress reviews—contributes to its amazing contouring, which as a result offers unbeatable pressure relief to the body.
What’s more, if you’re sleeping with a partner who has different sleep needs, the Luxi adjustable mattress can be customized such that each side has different firmness levels. All that together is an absolutely great value for your money and why this mattress is on our top-rated mattresses list.
The Luxi One vs the Luxi 3-in-1 Mattress
|The Luxi One||The Luxi 3-in-1|
Let’s see what the Luxi mattresses are made of, what they share in common, and how they differ from each other in terms of comfort, temperature regulation, and motion transfer. More importantly, let’s find out what makes the Luxi such a memorable mattress.
The Luxi 3-in-1 Construction
The Luxi 3-in-1 consists of five layers, measuring 11″ in total thickness. However, you can change the order of the layers to get the perfect firmness feel. This way, the same mattress can accommodate different types of sleepers.
- Cover: The memory foam quilted cover provides plushness and softness. Additionally, this highly breathable cover improves the mattress’s temperature regulation.
- Comfort Layer: The top layer of this mattress is what makes it stand out from the competition. It’s called the SBT layer, standing for “support balancing technology.” Almost every Luxi 3-in-1 mattress review emphasizes how this unique technology provides your body with the perfect contour and body compression. The small channels in this layer allow maximum airflow and body adaptability.
- Transition Layer: This one-inch-thick layer of memory foam gives the mattress its great adaptive, pressure-response characteristics. It doubles down on the contouring feature of the Luxi mattress, making you feel like you’re really sinking in and being hugged by the mattress.
- The Support Layer: The one-inch-thick support layer is made of LuxiTex foam, a material very similar to latex. As such, this foam layer allows the mattress to keep you cool while sleeping. However, extremely hot sleepers might want to look for an alternative, such as the Purple mattress, which has even better temperature regulation. This layer also provides an excellent pressure response when you’re getting into or out of bed. In the case of a medium firmness Luxi mattress, this layer would be on the top.
- The Base: The foundation layer is made of a 3.5-inch-thick layer of high-quality polyfoam. It has an open-cell structure strong enough to provide the stability needed for the other four layers and light enough to provide breathability. This is the case in the soft version of the mattress. But as we just mentioned in this Luxi mattress review, it’s all adjustable. If you prefer a firmer Luxi mattress, then this becomes the top layer instead of the base.
The Luxi One Construction
When compared to its sister mattress, the Luxi One has a much simpler construction with only three layers. However, it uses the same shape-matching technology that allows the mattress to adapt to your body in different sleeping positions.
- The Cover: Made of thin fabric, the cover promotes the mattress’s breathability.
- The Comfort Layer: This one-inch-thick layer is made of LuxiTex foam, which is more responsive than a typical memory foam. When we tested the mattress for our Luxi One mattress review, we noticed some nice pressure relief without sinking into the mattress too deeply.
- The Contour Layer: This layer features a unique technology called support balancing technology or shape-matching technology, which is also used in the Luxi 3-in-1. Basically, it consists of small square foam “mushrooms” that effectively conform to your body.
- The Base Layer: The foundation layer is built with high-density polyfoam, whose job is to support the upper layers and provide stability.
When looking for a comfortable mattress, you need to answer three questions: Does it feel right in terms of firmness? How much does it sink? Does it provide enough support to keep your spine in proper alignment?
Since the Luxi mattresses are perfectly suitable for sleepers of all categories, Luxi mattress users in the Reddit community rank it quite satisfactorily with few complaints—most focusing mainly on the shipping method and delays.
Firmness is probably the most important characteristic when it comes to choosing the right mattress. You want the firmness level to be right for your sleeping position and any pain points if you have them. You want to feel supported and at the same time relieved when you go to bed. And so does your partner, although your exact preferences may often differ.
- The Luxi 3-in-1 adjustable mattress is great in that as it’s exactly that, an adjustable mattress that allows you and your partner to get the right firmness on your side of the bed. The Luxi mattress comes in three different firmness levels: soft (ranks 3.5/10), medium firm (5.5/10), and firm (7.5/10). This luxury mattress-in-a-box is delivered packed as a medium firm, allowing you to change the order of the layers and adjust them to your desired firmness level.
- The Luxi One doesn’t give you the option to change its firmness level, but thanks to its balanced mix of support and pressure relief, it’s suitable to most sleepers. Our team gave it a rating of 6, so it’s a bit softer than the average medium firm mattress.
The sinkage depends largely on your weight and sleeping positions.
- The Luxi 3-in-1 is most suitable for side sleepers, although back and stomach sleepers will also enjoy it. However, if you’re looking for more bounce, you might prefer a hybrid or innerspring mattress. Also, when we compared the Luxi vs Purple mattress, we found that the Purple is the perfect alternative for people who like a springy mattress instead of a pure memory foam one. Anyway, a great thing about the Luxi 3-in-1 is that if you prefer more or less sinkage, you can simply reverse the order of the layers to customize the level of sinkage you get from the mattress.
- The Luxi One shows an average sinkage level when compared to other all-foam mattresses. Thanks to the layer of LuxiTex foam, you won’t get that “stuck-in-the-mud” feel.
Both the Luxi adjustable firmness mattress and the Luxi One mattress provide ample support to all types of sleepers. Thanks to the shape-matching technology, they keep your spine in perfect alignment while offering some nice pressure relief. However, some stomach sleepers may find that these mattresses don’t provide enough support to their hips, so they might need a firmer mattress.
- The Luxi 3-in-1 has slightly better temperature regulation when compared to an average memory foam mattress. Since the layers of this adjustable firmness foam mattress can be rearranged, hot sleepers can also find their perfect layer combination. If you sleep hot, you may want to have the SBT foam layer on the top, since this layer allows for maximum breathability and cooling while you sleep.
- The Luxi One should keep you a bit cooler than an average all-foam mattress. Its comfort layer is perforated with holes, which enhances breathability. In addition, the shape-matching technology is also designed to promote airflow.
You want to feel secure when you sit on the edge of your mattress. You also want to be able to use the entire mattress surface, especially if you’re sharing your bed with a partner. In that context, we investigated the edge support of the mattresses and analyzed the comments in reviews of the Luxi mattress to see what other users thought about it too.
As we found in several online reviews, you may feel a little compression when you roll from one side to another, but that’s normal for memory foam. As expected, the compression increases when you sit on the edge of the bed, so we have to say that edge support is not their strong suit.
- The Luxi 3-in-1 does well in this department. If your partner is a restless sleeper and changes positions quite often during the night, consider placing the memory foam layer on top. It’s best at trapping movement, which is confirmed in almost every review of the Luxi mattress. Even if you prefer another layer on top, you’ll still experience excellent motion isolation on this mattress, since the materials used in any of the layers are of the highest quality.
- The Luxi One also isolates motion pretty well, so it’s a solid pick for light sleepers who have restless partners.
Durability and Maintenance
Considering the high quality of the materials used, as well as the overall design concept, we can say that the Luxi mattresses do quite well in terms of durability. However, as Luxi is a relatively new mattress brand on the market, we can’t really find any Luxi mattress reviews that would indicate just how durable the construction is.
If you need to clean the mattress cover, it’s not a good idea to machine wash it. Instead, spot clean it with some mild detergent and lukewarm water.
If you have any questions for the Luxi customer service team, you can contact them by phone or fill out an online form. However, keep in mind that some customers claimed that Luxi’s customer service was unresponsive. Some of them complained about leaving messages that were never returned.
Terms of Sale
The Luxi Mattress Return Policy and Trial Period
After 30 nights, if there’s something clearly bothering you, you can schedule a free consultation with the Luxi team of sleep engineers to have them check and see what can be done to improve your sleep experience.
Additionally, you get a 100-night risk-free trial period. So if you decide that the Luxi simply isn’t for you even after your free consultation, you can contact the company, and they will schedule the donation of your mattress to a qualified charity and issue you a full refund. However, we found some complaints about the Luxi mattress in a few BBB reviews regarding refund delays.
The Luxi company also includes a 1,000-night pledge for the Luxi 3-in-1, which demonstrates their commitment to working with you to create the mattress you desire. During this period, you can consult with the Luxi sleep experts if you’re not satisfied with your Luxi adjustable mattress.
Shipping of the Luxi mattress is free of charge for its buyers from the mainland US, as well as Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada. Once you place your order, you can expect it to arrive at your destination in 4–10 business days.
Your Luxi mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty. We haven’t found any Luxi mattress complaints about the warranty, but keep in mind that it’s valid only if you buy the Luxi from the manufacturer’s official website or from authorized retailers. The warranty covers defects such as deterioration of the mattress and physical flaws that cause the memory foam to split or crack. Make sure you keep your receipt in case you ever need to call in on the warranty.
The price of the Luxi 3-in-1 varies according to the size you choose, ranging from $799 to $1,399. On the other hand, the Luxi One is a more budget-friendly option since you can get it for as little as $499 (a twin bed). It’s always best to check the prices on the official website, where you can also find a Luxi mattress coupon from time to time.
You can choose to pay for your Luxi through PayPal at checkout and receive the option to get a PayPal credit with 0% APR. If you pay it back in full within the first six months of your purchase, no interest is charged (this offer is valid for purchases over $99).
Who Should Buy the Luxi 3-in-1?
- Couples: If you’re looking for a mattress for you and your partner, but you have incompatible sleeping positions and preferences, then this mattress would be great for you. The Luxi can be customized so that it fits your preferred firmness level on your side and your partner’s preferred firmness level on their side. If you prefer a hybrid mattress, you can check out the Helix mattress because it also offers dual side customization.
- People who aren’t sure about their preference: Can’t decide what suits you most? Then the Luxi 3-in-1 is the perfect option for you since it offers three firmness levels.
- Combo sleepers: If you’re a restless sleeper and change positions often during the night, the Luxi can be a great choice. It’s designed to provide maximum contouring to your body so you don’t feel any additional pressure on your sensitive points during your sleep.
Who Should Buy the Luxi One Mattress?
- Combo sleepers: If you like changing positions throughout the night, the Luxi may be a good option for you since it offers a balanced combination of support and pressure relief.
- People on a budget: With the Luxi One, you can take advantage of the unique SBT at a more affordable price.
Who Should Look Elsewhere and Why?
- People who need strong edge support: If you tend to sleep near the edge of your bed or often sit on it, the Luxi mattresses aren’t for you. Generally, you’d better consider a hybrid or innerspring mattress.
- Stomach sleepers: Most stomach sleepers won’t be completely satisfied with the Luxi mattresses since they usually need firmer mattresses offering more support to their hips.
The Luxi Mattress Review Summary
The Luxi 3-in-1 is a memory foam mattress designed in a unique way to offer all three firmness levels in one mattress. This allows the mattress to change as the user’s sleeping preferences change. Whether you like a softer or a firmer mattress, the Luxi can provide that for you. Although you can’t change the firmness level of the Luxi One mattress, this mattress is more affordable while still offering its unique support balancing technology.
Additionally, the Luxi mattresses provide a luxurious feel due to the high-quality materials used in their design and construction. Finally, these mattresses, with their high quality and the pleasant shopping experience they provide, offer great value for the money—not to mention their amazing trial period and return policy.
Finally, we’ll conclude this Luxi mattress review with our verdict: it’s an absolute yes! If you’re looking for a great sleep experience, trying out the Luxi may take you a huge leap closer to it.