If you’re trying to find a comfortable mattress at a fair price, you’re on the right track! With eLuxury, you have a choice of two different models that offer great comfort to most sleepers.
You should also know that this company gives back to its community. Therefore, not only will you have a great night’s sleep on your eLuxury mattress, but the company also gives you peace of mind about supporting a good cause.
So would you like to find out which mattress is a better fit for you? Read our unbiased eLuxury mattress review below.
The eLuxury Hybrid Mattress vs the eLuxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress
The eLuxury Hybrid Mattress
The eLuxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress
How Did the eLuxury Mattresses Make Our Best Mattress List for 2019?
Offering two completely different mattresses, eLuxury gives options to a wide range of sleepers. What we particularly like about these mattresses is that they are super affordable beds-in-a-box made of high-quality materials. We also love that this company supports the community—did you know that this company donates one mattress to charity for every 45 sold? Considering all this, we decided to review these mattresses and add them to our list of top-rated mattresses.
The eLuxury mattresses are made up of a range of excellent-grade materials that make them very durable. The 12-inch eLuxury Hybrid mattress consists of contouring gel memory foam, latex, and micro-coils. On the other hand, the 10-inch eLuxury Gel Foam mattress is available for those who wish to stick with a slimmer design and have a mattress that’s been around longer. Let’s now take a closer look at the construction of the eLuxury mattresses below.
The eLuxury 12-Inch Hybrid Mattress Construction
- The Cover: The cover is made out of 100% polyester materials, meaning it’s breathable and cool.
- The Comfort Layer: The first layer is made up of 2″ of gel-infused memory foam. It provides a good amount of pressure relief for your pain points, but if you need more cushioning, there’s also the possibility of buying an eLuxury Mattress topper.
- The Contour Layer: The second layer is made up of 1″ of latex foam, which adds some bounce to the mattress while also contouring to your body nicely. If you prefer natural materials, check out our top 10 list of the best latex mattresses.
- The Support Layer: The third layer is made up of 1.5″ of enclosed micro-coils. They provide great support and improve the mattress’s breathability.
- The Base: The last layer is made up of 7.5″ of support foam. This is what gives the mattress its shape and stability.
The eLuxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress Construction
- The Cover: The mattress has a thin, cotton cover that’s very breathable. Most customers claim that it’s soft and doesn’t make you feel hot in their eLuxury mattress reviews.
- The Comfort Layer: The top layer is made of gel memory foam, which provides great pressure relief by letting you sink in a bit.
- The Base: The bottom layer is built with a base foam that provides spinal support for the sleeper.
Now let’s see how comfortable these mattresses are. To answer this question, we’ll need to assess their firmness levels, their sinkage, and the support they provide.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of discussing firmness in this eLuxury mattress review, it’s important to remember that firmness level is subjective and everyone will feel each mattress differently. That’s why we enlisted the help of a team of expert reviewers to help us build an unbiased account of these mattresses.
- The eLuxury Hybrid Mattress: On a scale of 1–10, this mattress scores 5.5. This makes it a great choice for a wide variety of sleepers.
- The eLuxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress: This mattress got an average score of 6. However, according to reviews of the eLuxury mattress on Amazon, lighter people might find it a bit firmer, while heavier people usually give it a score of 5 out of 10.
The amount of sinkage in the eLuxury mattresses is very similar. When our testers laid down on their backs, we found there were only about 2 inches of sinkage. However, the sinkage considerably increased when they sat on the edge of the bed. It was about 3.5–4 inches.
- The eLuxury Hybrid Mattress: This mattress provides ample spinal support to back and side sleepers. However, according to customers’ reviews of the eLuxury mattress, most stomach sleepers will find it too soft. This isn’t unusual since they generally need a more supportive mattress that won’t let their hips sink in too deep.
- The eLuxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress: If you like sleeping on your back, this mattress will provide you with great spinal support while its top layer will nicely contour to your body. It also offers adequate spinal alignment to side sleepers. However, some of them may find it too firm for their pressure points. If you’re one of them, you might consider a softer mattress, such as the Nectar mattress. Finally, if you prefer sleeping on your stomach, your hips may sink in too deep in the top layer of memory foam. As a result, your spine may be placed in the wrong position, so you won’t find this bed too comfortable.
- The eLuxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress doesn’t really excel in this department. Although the gel memory foam contributes to the mattress’s temperature regulation, most hot sleepers complain that this isn’t enough.
- The eLuxury Hybrid Mattress has a bit better temperature regulation thanks to the micro-coils that improve airflow. In addition, it has a layer of latex foam that also helps disperse body heat. Another great option for hot sleepers is the Purple mattress with its specific smart comfort grid, which promotes airflow. You can also check out our full Purple mattress review.
- The eLuxury Gel Memory Foam Mattress has average edge support when compared to other memory foam mattresses. Therefore, this isn’t its strong suit, but don’t worry, you won’t feel unstable when lying close to the edge.
- The eLuxury Hybrid Mattress has stronger edge support than its sister mattress thanks to its hybrid construction. However, since it’s a bit softer mattress, you can expect to feel some compression when you lie or sit on its edge. Generally, hybrid and innerspring mattresses have strong edge support, so you might also consider the Helix mattress. Check out our detailed Helix mattress review.
Couples who share their bed will want to know how the mattress feels when someone moves around or has a restless night. Fortunately, we’ve found that the eLuxury mattresses show very little motion transfer.
The eLuxury Gel Memory Foam mattress reduces any motion disturbance to a minimum. On the other hand, the hybrid model doesn’t isolate motion completely because it’s more bouncy thanks to its micro-coils.
Durability and Maintenance
Made from high-quality materials, the eLuxury mattresses should be highly durable. Although it’s very difficult to give a precise estimate, after also considering other mattress reviews, we believe that they can last 6–7 years, which is the average lifespan of similar mattresses.
One great thing is that the mattresses come with a removable cover, which you can easily zip off for cleaning. Just be careful not to use any cleaning products that can damage your mattress since this may void your warranty. If needed, you can spot clean your mattress with a damp cloth because you don’t want to soak your mattress. This can also cause damage to the mattress, which is not covered by the warranty.
As we prepared this eLuxurySupply mattress review, we didn’t find any customer complaints about eLuxury’s customer service, which is a pretty rare situation. So if you have any questions, feel free to contact its outstanding team by phone, email, or live chat.
Terms of Sale
With the eLuxury mattress, you can take your time as you make your decision. Since eLuxury has only been around for a few years, we couldn’t find many customer satisfaction reports to rely on for this eLuxury mattress review. Still, you can rest assured you’re making the right choice for you because they offer a 120-night, risk-free trial. That means four months to test it out, and if you find you aren’t happy, they will even pick it up from your house at no extra cost to you.
The shipping is free to all of the contiguous US states. Additional shipping fees may be charged for Hawaii, Alaska, and other US territories. Generally, when you purchase the mattress online, it will be delivered to you in under a week. It arrives compressed in a box but is easy to unpack.
The eLuxury mattress is shipped through FedEx for domestic orders and UPS for international orders. Two-day expedited shipping is also available on certain products only.
eLuxury Mattress Warranty
The warranty is valid for 10 years. If you find a manufacturing defect or an issue arises with your mattress within this 10-year period, you can return it and get it replaced free of charge. Please be aware that this warranty has certain terms and conditions and cannot be used if any damage was avoidable. Make sure you take a look at the terms in the buyer’s guide to ensure you don’t do anything that may void your manufacturer’s warranty with eLuxury.
The eLuxury mattresses have very different price tags. You can check out the full price list on the eLuxury official website, where you can also look for an eLuxury coupon. Just to get a sense of their price range, the hybrid model costs anything from $900 for a twin bed to $1,200 for a California king. On the other hand, the eLuxury Gel Memory Foam mattress is a more budget-friendly option. Depending on its size, the price ranges from about $490 to $800.
We measured the mattresses against similar competitors and found that they offer value for those looking for a good, solid, balanced mattress at an affordable price.
Trying to decide between the eLuxury vs Tuft and Needle? While the latter is just a little bit cheaper, though still very close in price to the eLuxury memory foam, you should know that eLuxury offers financing options with Bread Payments. You have a choice of paying over the course of 6, 12, or 24 months with low interest rates. You can check your eligibility on the website easily and without affecting your credit score.
Who Should Buy the eLuxury Mattress?
According to our in-depth eLuxury Hybrid mattress review, you should definitely consider purchasing an eLuxury mattress if any of the following apply:
- You like to sleep on your back or side: The support and pressure relief are best for back and side sleepers.
- You sleep with a restless sleeper: Both mattresses are great at motion isolation.
- You don’t like to sleep hot: The memory foam gel and micro-coils of the eLuxury Hybrid model help disperse your body heat, so you can sleep cool even in the summertime.
- You want a budget-friendly mattress: With the eLuxury Memory Foam mattress, you’ll get great value for your money.
Who Should Look Elsewhere and Why?
- Heavy-weighted sleepers may experience more sinkage. They can benefit more from innerspring or hybrid mattresses, such as the Casper Wave mattress. You can also read our full Casper mattress review.
- Stomach sleepers may find there is not enough support.
Overall, our research team believes that the eLuxury mattresses offer great value for the money. With a 120-night risk-free trial, easy returns, and a 10-year warranty, you can be certain you’re making a good choice on your mattress investment.
Finally, if the good-quality memory gel and foams in the mattress haven’t convinced you yet, you can also feel good about supporting the community with your purchase. For every 45 mattresses sold, eLuxury donates one to charity. So we can conclude our review of each eLuxury mattress by saying they’re a win-win!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the eLuxury mattress toxic?
The eLuxury mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified, so they don’t contain any phthalates, ozone depleters, heavy metals, formaldehyde, or other harmful, toxic chemicals.
Do I need a box spring with an eLuxury mattress?
You don’t have to use a box spring with your eLuxury mattress. But you can if it’s in good shape.
How long before I can sleep on my new eLuxury mattress?
Although your eLuxury mattress needs only a couple of hours to expand to its full size, which we confirmed by testing it for our eLuxurySupply mattress review, the people behind eLuxury recommend that you let it rest for 24 hours before use.
How long does it take for the eLuxury mattress to arrive?
If you live in the US, you can expect your mattress at your doorstep in 2–7 workdays. However, keep in mind that international orders can take a few days longer.
For more information or to take a closer look at the eLuxury mattress online, visit the official eLuxury website. We hope that our eLuxury mattress review has been useful to you. If you have any questions or comments, please get in touch with us today.